top of page
< Back

Physical Building Operations

Save this article  > 

Smoking Fatality Endangers Condo Residents

Toronto Condo News
Publication date:
August 25, 2019
Article Summary: 

In August 2019, a condo owner caused a fire in her unit while smoking in bed, which endangered all residents of the building. The woman fell asleep in bed while smoking and using oxygen tubes, putting the entire community at risk. There is little that condo corporations can do to prevent such irresponsible actions short of banning smoking in the building, which requires a modification of governing documents and a vote of owners, which may be necessary to protect residents from fatal consequences.


condo, smoking, fire, risk, residents, oxygen tubes, irresponsible, ban, governing documents, vote, fatal consequences.

Source Citation: 
Toronto Condo News
Smoking Fatality Endangers Condo Residents
August 25, 2019
Did you find this article useful? 
Your feedback is important not only to us, but to all the other key players in the condo industry.  Help us by letting us know if this article is relevant and useful.  This will help us prioritize articles that provide helpful guidance to other key players like you. 

Please login to use this feature.

bottom of page