top of page
< Back

General Building Operations

Save this article  > 

Do I Need Flood Insurance For My Rental Property

Rainbow International of Mississauga & Halton
Publication date:
April 23, 2019
Article Summary: 

This article discusses the importance of flood insurance for landlords, tenants and rental properties. It highlights the fact that conventional insurance policies usually do not cover flood damage and that flood insurance is necessary, especially for those who reside in high-risk areas. The article suggests that tenants should consider adding a flood insurance clause to their renter’s insurance policy to cover their personal belongings in the event of a flood caused by a storm or natural disaster. Additionally, landlords are advised to consider adding a flood insurance rider to their policy to cover the cash value of their rental properties, not just the replacement cost. The article concludes by emphasizing the importance of calling professionals like Rainbow Restoration to help with water removal, structural drying, repairs and restoration in case of a flood.


Flood insurance, rental properties, landlords, tenants, high-risk areas, conventional insurance, renter’s insurance, flood insurance rider, personal belongings, Rainbow Restoration.

Source Citation: 
Rainbow International of Mississauga & Halton
Do I Need Flood Insurance For My Rental Property
April 23, 2019
Did you find this article useful? 
Your feedback is important not only to us, but to all the other key players in the condo industry.  Help us by letting us know if this article is relevant and useful.  This will help us prioritize articles that provide helpful guidance to other key players like you. 

Please login to use this feature.

bottom of page