Wed, Feb 07|
Deep dive on condo insurance
If you have not done so already, consider taking our survey on condo insurance. This will help us get an accurate picture of insurance challenges in CondoLand. Probably best to have this answered by the director with most knowledge on your insurance file.
Time & Location
Feb 07, 2024, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
About the event
The single most complicated issue in condo land is insurance. Not a day goes by without clients asking us what insurance is required; who pays for damage to a unit; who pays the deductible amount. And not a single day goes by where we don’t answer: “It depends”. Let’s clarify this question once and for all!
To attend the webinar, register here.
CPE Credits: This webinar is approved for 1.0 CPE credits
If you have not done so already, consider taking our survey on condo insurance. This will help us get an accurate picture of insurance challenges in CondoLand. Probably best to have this answered by the director with most knowledge on your insurance file. You may also want to have in hand your insurance certificate.
- How insurance works in the condo world?Different types of insurance required Premiums Deductible Subrogation
- Who pays for what?Who pays the deductible? Who pays for damage to units? When to turn to the owners? When to turn to the Corporation?
- Industry trends and what’s to come
- How to improve your corporation’s situation?
- Insurance deductible bylawAt fault No fault Hybrid
- Standard Unit bylawIncluding everything Bare box Hybrid
- Implementing inspections and protocols to minimize risk
Speakers The Gowling crew:
- Rod Escayola (Gowling WLG)
- Graeme MacPherson (Gowling WLG)
- Nailah Ramsoomair (Gowling WLG)
- Tricia Baratta (Gallagher Insurance)
- Josée Deslongchamps (Apollo CI Management)
- Murray Johnson (Crossbridge)
You can register here.